In its fourth edition, Shop Qatar returns for a colourful celebration of the country’s retail and entertainment offerings. The 25-day festival invites residents and visitors to explore and enjoy Qatar’s diverse retail offering including everything from luxury malls and high-end boutique venues to themed, entertainment-rich shopping centres, as well as authentic souqs and bazaars.
Fashion-forward shoppers can catch a glimpse of the latest couture and ready-to-wear fashion at Shop Qatar’s Fashion Shows. 20 international, regional and local designers will be showcasing their Spring/ Summer collections 2020 from 23-27 January.
· Fashion show at Shop Qatar Opening Ceremony on 7 January at Baraha Downtown Msheireb by Faith Connexion and Hind Al Rumaihi. (By invitation only)
· International fashion show at Al Hazm on 23 January featuring: Ahmed Talfeet - Laith Maalof - Baris - Naja Saade - Amjad Al Adab -Toufic Al Hassan – Saeed Malas
· Fashion show featuring international celebrity designer Nicholas Jebran at Al Hazm on 24 January
· Kids fashion show at Mirqab Mall on 24 January showing Al Mana Group brands
· Fashion show at Al Hazm on 25 January featuring local designers: Soleil Abayas - Al Dukan - Modish - Sarmad -Sheen Design -Shaden -Lady Aysha -Tamader Al Sultan - The Black Pearl, Tamader Al Sultan – Tamadr – Waad
· Al Hazm collection fashion shows at Al Hazm from 26-27 January
Chinese fashion show at Al Hazm on 29 January featuring celebrity designers Lan Yu and Grace Chen
Make-up, Hair & Beauty Masterclasses & Workshops
Style-savvy residents and visitors are invited to learn about the newest trends in the world of fashion and makeup through a series of masterclasses and workshops with celebrity makeup artists and influencers:
· Masterclass with Mario Dedivanovic (3-8pm) on 31 January (QAR 2,500 entrance fee. Seats available: 300. Tickets available at Virgin)
· Masterclass with Hanan Al Najada (4-9pm) on 14 January at Park Hyatt Hotel (QAR 1,000 entrance fee. Seat available: 150. Tickets available at Virgin)
· Makeup activation by Hanan Al Najada on 13 January at DFC (No entrance fee- open to public)
· Makeup workshop with Dalal Al Refai on 18 January at Lagoona Mall - 51 East (No entrance fee- open to public).
In-mall Entertainment & Activations
Throughout the festival, all participating malls will host free roaming shows and family-friendly entertainment as well as a colourful lights and confetti show every weekend.
Shows & Activations:
· Masha and The Bear at various malls from 9-15 January (3 shows a day)
· Shaun the Sheep at various malls from 16-22 January (3 shows a day)
· Justice League Parade at various malls from 21 to 31 January
· Bein Family Game Show at Mirqab Mall from 23-24 January and 30-31 January at 3-pm
· Solo musicians at various malls: 9-11 Jan, 16-18 Jan, 24 Jan and 31 Jan
· Lights and confetti show at various malls throughout the festival
· Siwar Choir on 17 January at The Pearl-Qatar after the first Raffle Draw at 9:30 pm
· Disney in Concert with Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra from 17-21 January at QNCC. Ticketed Show
The festival will see a host of live music concerts featuring Pakistani and Indian artists:
· Sonu Nigam on Thursday, 23 January at Asian Town Amphitheatre
· New Year Concert at 7:30-9:30pm Monday, 25 January at Katara Opera House
· PK Music Festival at 7pm Friday, 30 January at QNCC
· Video Games Live at 8-11pm Saturday, 31 January at QNCC
Chinese New Year Celebrations
· Dragon Parade at various malls from 25-31 January
· Drums Show at various malls from 25-31 January
· Chinese arts & crafts activities at various malls from 25-30 January
· Fashion show at Al Hazm on 29 January featuring Chinese celebrity designers Lan Yu and Grace Chen.